Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Alphabet Story

A boy named Josh Caldwell is a freshman and as most of you know, he is incredibly smart!

Being he is such a genius he decides to stand by me during practice.

The class we were in was Mrs. Garmon's.

Due to the few people we had, Mrs. Garmon decided to let us go to the anterior of the room to practice working a couple of problems out.

Eventually, I started getting a couple of right answers.

First, we practiced writing Roman Numerals.

Getting the point of what I was doing we moved on to using the trick with the number 25.

Honestly, the hard part about this was that it really has you thinking and you have to be quick!

In fact, I'm pretty sure everybody was have a hard time at first.

Just as I was about to write the answer, thinking I was going to be the first one, Josh happened to already have the correct answer!

Kinslie thought it was pretty funny how I was the only sophomore in there and yet, Josh was still beating me!

Luckily, she also had no clue what she was doing!

Mark, another freshman, is kind and he told me I was fast so it made me feel a little better.

Next, we worked on multiplying by 11's.

The objective of all this is to learn how to use mental tricks.

A pique feeling started getting to me when the rest of them were also getting the right answers.

Quickly, I rushed through the problem and happened to get it first!

Racheal, another girl, who is also very smart, tried to help me out a bit so I could understand what we were doing.

Stupefied of what I was doing, everybody started to do the same.

Technically, we all did a poor job.

Under my breath I kept muttering, "I hate this."

Verbally, I admitted to Josh he was doing a better job.

When practice was almost over I congratulated the rest of the freshman.

The x-cited students pranced of joy, unlike me.

Yes, I was a little frustrated about all this, but then again it's nothing to stress over! Haha.

The zany, callow kids ran out the door while I ambled my way out. :)

No comments: